Halcyon is opening its doors to promising social entrepreneurs from around the world for a 14-Day Incubator Intensive designed to turn a vision into a social enterprise.
Washington, D.C. is at the center of social entrepreneurship and is considered the top location for growing early-stage ventures. Halcyon is Washington’s premiere social enterprise incubator with a proven model and track record for accelerating social enterprises and solving 21st Century problems.
Our application for the 2017 14-Day Incubator Intensive program is now closed.
Entrepreneurs who successfully complete the program will receive a Halcyon Incubator Social Enterprise certifcation.
What is the Halcyon Incubator Intensive?
- An immersive experience designed to help the world's most promising social enterprises turn their entrepreneurial vision into a sustainable venture
- A program accepting eight enterprises with two individuals per enterprise, for a two-week period -- including applicants from around the world who have current diplomatic relations with the United States
- Programming firmly based on Halcyon Incubator's proven model and track record for scaling early stage social enterprises
When is the program?
- The program will take place from August 6-19, 2017. All accepted applicants must be in Washington, D.C. to begin the program by 10AM EST on August 6.
What will a typical day look like?
- Morning breakfast with colleagues and Halcyon Incubator staff
- Pitch practice
- Skill series: Accounting, fundraising, communications, leadership, company culture, mock investor meetings, negotiation tactics and more
- Individual work time
- One-on-one mentoring and leadership coaching with top experts
- Expert panel: Domestic and foreign markets, accessing capital, networking strategies
- Evening cultural activities
What is included?
- Two weeks of housing at Halcyon’s facility in Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
- Access to a world-class network of partners, supporters, investors and Halcyon Incubator alumni
- Advice from legal, business, communications, marketing and accounting partner companies
- Pitch sessions with leading startup and impact investors
- Continued support from Halcyon's team and partners, following the program
What are the requirements?
- Applicants must have a transformative idea in any sector and a commitment to turning that idea into a venture
- Applicants must be founders or co-founders of a potentially high-impact social enterprise
- Applicants must be available 100% of the time during the Incubator Intensive, participation in simultaneous programs is not advised
What else should I know?
- The cost per individual is USD $6,500
- Air and ground transportation are not included in the cost and must be secured by all accepted applicants
- Accepted applicants are encouraged to explore local funding opportunities to support their inclusion in the Halcyon Incubator Intensive -- local non-profits, incubators, accelerators, investors and government programs may have options to support your participation
- Each venture is responsible for securing their own funding, travel expenses and necessary visas for participation in the program
Have questions? Want to learn more? Please contact Joshua Mandell at firstname.lastname@example.org.