You’re talented, clever and disciplined. We’re entrepreneurial, dedicated and amplified by ideas. Could this be love?
Location: Washington, D.C. - 20007
Type: Unpaid Internship
Job Title: Intern
Career Level: Student
About the Internship Program:
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about various components of the Halcyon program portfolio: non-profit management, event planning and management, and the Halcyon Incubator.
Non-profit management: Intern will gain insight into how a non-profit organization operates and will also gain insight into historical properties. Will be exposed to programming, writing aimed towards foundations and grants, sponsorship, and general management.
Event planning and management: Throughout the year, Halcyon will hold events which will allow the intern to experience the procedures that go into planning events of varying sizes and purposes.
Halcyon Incubator: The Halcyon Incubator program supports fearless social entrepreneurs and provides a hub for creativity, allowing forward-thinkers to address 21st Century challenges and achieve meaningful results. The intern will gain insight into a start-up incubator and the field of social entrepreneurship.
In addition to the important work that interns will complete, they will have the opportunity to attend various events hosted by Halcyon at Halcyon House and various other locations.
- Undergraduate or graduate student with a concentration in music, business, marketing, history, or communications
- Excellent attention to detail & follow-through
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer knowledge, including Word, Internet, email, and Excel – special attention to social media is a plus
- Participate in project planning and executing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good sense of humor
- Must be able to commit a minimum of 16 hours per week
If this position seems like a perfect fit, please reach out to one of our team members with your resume and cover letter, and we will get back to you promptly.