Title: Advancement Associate
Reports To: Senior Advancement Manager
Date: November 18, 2019
Provide support for a robust advancement/development program including identifying donors, stewardship, advancement events, and to the growth and sustainability of Halcyon. Provide quality internal and external customer/patron service to enhance Halcyon’s local, national and international reputation and stature.
- With accounting team, oversee recordkeeping of contributions, acknowledgment of all gifts and pledges, and preparation of pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements.
- Serve as organization’s primary lead on database/CRM, including but not limited to: database hygiene, reporting, feature upgrades, technical support, standard operating procedures, and staff training
- Administer monthly prospecting meetings with senior staff, including but not limited to: scheduling, prospect screening, research, materials compilation, data entry, and coordination of follow ups
- Schedule, plan, and compile agendas and materials for annual Board retreat and quarterly Board meetings
- Track member benefits and stewardship for donors across all programs and important donor information, i.e., birthdays, anniversaries, special accomplishments, in connection with cultivation and solicitation
- Research and identify current and prospective donors, utilizing online databases, reference periodicals, annual financial reports, and other sources, and prepare background information/briefing material for leadership
- Plan and execute receptions, dinners, and small events, in collaboration with events and advancement departments, to support stewardship and cultivation of campaign prospects and donors, including: invitations, RSVPs, registration, event briefs for leadership, and greeting donors and guests
- Provide ad hoc design support for development campaigns and projects
- Perform website maintenance and upkeep
- Provide timely and full follow-up on development related projects
- Assist in diverse Halcyon activities
Minimum Education/Experience Required
BA or BS degree; Minimum one year of development experience, including extensive use of a CRM, at a nonprofit organization
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to communicate articulately, graciously, and persuasively
- High CRM competency
- Excellent written skills including grammar and punctuation
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently to achieve common objectives
- Comfortable interacting with a variety of stakeholders
- Solid problem-solving skills including identifying and recommending solutions
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and deadlines and to pitch in where needed
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others, good sense of humor
- Good social skills for dealing with donors, sponsors, educators, representative of city/state/federal entities, diplomatic corps, volunteers and professional colleagues, press
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment
- Computer literate; strong Excel skills, proficient in donor database
Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends to meet program requirements.
Some travel may be required.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Advancement Associate Application”