- Applications will be vetted internally by Halcyon Staff to ensure eligibility and application completeness.
- The Selection Committee will review applications and shortlist candidates for the interview stage.
- Short-listed candidates will be called for virtual interviews during which committee members can ask questions and learn more about the candidate's practice and proposed project.
- Final selection: Following the application and interview phase, the selections committee will select the six national/international and two DC-based fellows. Accepted fellows will be notified of their selection by early-May.
Halcyon uses four equally weighted criteria to assess applications to the Halcyon Arts Lab.
- Artistic Excellence & Future Potential
Do the work samples exemplify strong technical ability and understanding of medium?
Do its artistic qualities help to achieve its intended goal?
- Innovation & Stickiness
Does the proposed project challenge the status quo by breaking away from established practices?
Is it unique/disruptive?
Is it memorable?
- Coherence & Feasibility
Are the ideas of the work clearly expressed?
Do the medium and message relate in a meaningful way?
Does the work demonstrate resourceful and sustainable processes?
- Impact & Integrity
Does the artist articulate a clear process for measuring impact of the work?
How does the work demonstrate a meaningful relationship with community?
Is the commitment to civic engagement, social justice, and/or community clear and compelling?