Title: Creative Arts Intern, Halcyon Arts Lab
Reports To: Arts Lab's Program Managers
Halcyon Arts Lab is seeking a motivated, self-starting creative individual with an eye for detail, willingness to learn, and good sense of humor for a Spring 2020 internship position. The ideal candidate will have an interest in arts management or equivalent, be available 2-3 days per week during normal working hours (between 9am-5pm) and occasional evenings or weekends to assist with after-hours workshops or Fellows’ programming. A stipend is available for those students who do not receive outside funding and/or course credit.
- Aid in the development and execution of exhibitions and events at Arts Lab from start to finish
- Assist in Fellowship application outreach and management
- Work with both the Arts Lab Fellows and the Youth Fellows partners
- Youth Fellowship timeline management
- Drafting posts for social media platforms
- Public Programming:
- Engage in outreach and implementation of workshops programs
- Add workshop events to the website, Facebook, and other engagement platforms
- Assist instructors during workshops and educational programs
- Conduct market research on community and public education programs
- Arts administration and management projects
- Possibility for Intern designed and led projects of interest related to Arts Lab’s goal of supporting social-justice practice and civic-minded artists.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, or design software a plus
- Web editing software experience a plus
- Previous experience working in the arts or arts related field
Submit e-mail of interest (in place of cover letter) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Arts Program Intern” to be considered.